Sunday, August 2, 2009

4-wheeling with Friends & A Sunset Drive

We planned to go 4-wheeling with some friends this weekend and well.. it didn't turn out as we planned but we still had fun! They just got some new wheelers and I dare say we broke them in good. We rode to Cascade Springs and took the long way back. Then we had some yummy foil dinners and made it home safe and sound despite an unexpected mishap (or 3) during the ride!
It was still green at Cascade Springs and we loved the fresh water.
We went exploring the other night and drove up the mountians west of Utah Lake- Lake Mountain Peak we think. It was a bumpy ride but fun to get out of the commotion of the city. We both had busy weeks at work and needed a break. The view was so pretty. Utah lake is so huge and we could see all the way to SLC.

Cody is always up for a rugged drive- It always reminds us of when we were dating- we have the best memories of time spent driving around in the Mtns because we didn't want to go home!


Buster came along and did surprisingly well in the back of the truck! Cody had fun exploring the VOR on the top of the mountain (signal for pilots not to hit the mtn).
Pretty Sunset. We went at the perfect time!

I am ready for a calm week at work now- ha like that will happen! Mondays are the busiest but Friday is only 5 days away then another fun adventure we hope!

5 comments:

~Tara said...

You guys always have so much fun! I love the mud on Steve's nose!! That's great! Looks like you had a great time!

Ben said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I drove up Lake Mountain last week also and it certainly has an impressive view.

Allison said...

LOVE the new background. Neat pics--that sunset one is beautiful! What is it about our fam with 4-wheeling mishaps? At least you lived to tell about it! Ha the VOR-Mexican Hat! We always look for the one on our way to CA south of the AZ canyon. Miss you guys!!!

Kristin said...

What a beautiful sunset! I swear, Utah always has the best views and I've decided it's because there aren't any trees in the way. Glad you got some cute pictures of the two of you enjoying it...I'm jealous.

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

So Jared and I are moving to Utah soon and we would really like to hang out with you guys some time! I'm always so jealous of the fun stuff you guys do!

Total Pageviews