Sunday, August 16, 2009

Utah State Capitol Bldg and Hike to Pittsburg Lake

We were lucky to have Chad and Allison come back to UT this weekend to play! We have missed them so much since they moved to Idaho. We have been able to see them a lot since we are still close but it was fun to get together again. The boys played church football and tore it up Sat am. It started to rain but we weren't about to let it ruin our day... We went to to Capitol building for a tour. It was very cool! We might have had a little too much fun taking pics and peeking in all the sealed doors. The Capitol building is huge! Strike a pose! We know how to "Represent"

A few of the fun pics we took!

I love this staircase! I just need a pretty princess dress to walk down those steps in like a fairy tale. I already have my handsome prince!

We look so little!


After the tour it was sunny and beautiful so we set out for our hike (our original plan). We hiked to pittsburg lake! It was steep and rocky but it was a beautiful lake! Buster LOVES to hike! He even scared some birds and went for a swim.

Chad- King of the Rock! Doing "the look." Making Cody proud!

We made it before dark.. but had to hurry back! Quite the bumpy road but worth it! We love to hike together. I think nature brings us closer- there is something about being out in the mtns with the fresh air and green trees....

Buster swimming. I have never seen a dog that loves water so much! It just wouldn't be the same if he didn't.

 

Beautiful views! We finished off the night with some good food! Much like old times! We are lucky to have such fun siblings (and friends)! Love you guys!

5 comments:

~Tara said...

I have never heard of Pittsburg Lake! Looks like an amazing place!! Glad you had fun! Miss ya!

Allison said...

Thanks for an AWESOME weekend--we had so much fun!! We miss spending time with you and glad we could come play. Love you guys!!!

Kristin said...

The Capitol Building? I love that you would think to explore that! Glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Julie Sacks said...

I love the capital pics! They look awesome. I heard a rumor that you are going to Europe? Is that true?

Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures. Looks like lots of fun.

Total Pageviews