Cody grew up in a great little town called Snowflake- I know you all know someone from Snowflake! I think I was the only Mormon that had never heard of the place and didn't know anyone from there. I was one like many I meet, who thought AZ was all hot and desert like. There is a place in the eastern mtns that is more like a Utah climate (a little dryer- and yes SNOW) but definately out in the middle of nowhere. When I first went to Snowflake with Cody in '04 for the 24th of July celebration we drove there across the indian reservation. There were drunk cowboys and wild horses in the road (literally swerved around them- yikes!) I wondered why anbody would live there! But after the last 6 years of making many trips across "the Res" as they call it- I have learned to love the small town. Not the drive :o) or enough to live there, but enough to appreciate it. As we went in July for Cody's Grandpa's funeral I learned a little more about the people who call it home- including my own husband and his family. Grandpa Kartchner was a hard working man who loved to work with his grandsons, fish and hunt. It was so fun to hear the stories from his youth and learn more about him. It is really too bad it takes a funeral to do that.
We made a quick trip with Codys parents and Chad, Allison and Samantha! It was fun to be with them and see the good people of Snowflake once more. We kept busy and had a good time even with 2 babies in 1 car on the way back :o) Oh the memories!!
Cody stayed in AZ and Londyn and I headed home. While we were home we had some fun together. I made strawberry jam. Here is a before/after pic:
And my little helper (who also got her first pedicure!)
Just when we thought we could stay home for a minute- we headed up to Idaho to catch the Blue Angels and the Airshow that followed- It was awesome! I have been watching the Blue Angels my whole life and was dying to get Cody to a show. Londyn didn't enjoy the noise of the jets quite like her daddy did!!
See the woman standing on the top of this trick plane?!?
Home for awhile now thanks!
5 comments:
LOVE this post reminiscing about your Snowflake adventures! We too are so glad we've been able to see you guys so much this past month! Bah what's four hours between us? And we have to drive 10 hours to AZ to spend time with you ;-P Glad you guys enjoyed the Blue Angels (even if Londyn didn't so much--she will someday...) and Chad was definitely happy to accomodate your dad :) Miss you!
PS--Londyn's nails are SO cute!!
Wow!! You must have some real patience to paint Londyn's toenails. Too cute!! :)
Did you cut your hair? Cute! Or if not, it looks good tucked under. And if it makes you feel any better I had never heard of Snowflake either and I lived pretty close. :)
That lady is psycho crazy for standing on that air plane. I love the Blue Angels, they are amazing! I wish we could of all gone, now that would have been fun!
Post a Comment