What a good year 2010 has been. It has been one of much growth and love for our little family. It has been a challenging, emotional year but one of great blessings and so much love from others. We are excited for what 2011 holds for us as we will be making some changes. I didn't write a Christmas letter this year, I found it pretty challenging to talk about. My Mom wrote a GREAT one, and with her permission I wanted to share it.
Dear Family and Friends,We hope this season finds you happy and doing well. As this last Sunday before Christmas was staring me in the face, I didn’t think getting a letter with cards would happen this year, but due to a sleepless night, it just might! We didn’t want to pass up a chance to tell each of you how thankful we are to have you in our lives and share the blessings of our Savior. A year ago as we each faced some pretty tough challenges, our family adopted the theme “We can do hard things”. In looking back on the past year we would have to add “With the help of the Savior, We can do hard things”. Here’s a quick overview from youngest to oldest:
Jordan is still trucking, but 18 wheels weren’t enough for him. He’s at 24 wheels making many trips each week hauling straw. He has spent the last 8 weeks in the puppy business. His chocolate lab had 9 darling puppies. He has taken great care of them and we have loved watching them grow. We have two left, and hope to have zero by Christmas Eve. He is a great help to us and we love having him home when he isn’t trucking. He has made some great changes in his life this year and we are so proud of him. He has a cute girlfriend that we love. We’ll see what happens from here. . . . .
Cody and Natalie had their first sweet little girl in April. She was born with a cleft lip, but so thankfully not a full cleft palate that was our worst fear. She stole our hearts with her sweet strong spirit immediately. Cody and Nat were so strong as they sent their 2 month old little Londyn to surgery to repair her lip. She was returned a few hours later perfect. She is such a beautiful, happy little sweetheart and always has a huge smile on her face. Cody is applying to law schools, Natalie still working as a Pharmacist at Costco a few days a week and they are awesome parents to sweet Londyn. We’re hoping they don’t go too far away to law school, but they are ready for a new adventure.
We love living close to Stephanie, Brandan and their kids. In a tough economy Brandan has done amazingly well at supporting his family, but it has been a tough year. He and Jerry have gone after work to gather steel and haul it in to recycling centers to keep us all afloat! Stephanie will be starting at BYU-I in January and keeps so busy with kids. They are great parents to Kyle turning 12 in May; Matthew at 10 and Kailey at 8 in January. They are great kids; we love watching them grow and make good choices. We were able to enjoy many fires at the river with them this summer.
I know the Savior’s hand has led my life. I have worked in the Prosecuting Attorney’s office for a few years wondering how I ended up there when I do accounting, but have loved it. This year they talked me into running for Madison County Clerk, which is something I would never have seen myself doing. After 2 grueling elections, the help of my wonderful, supportive family, and my mother knocking endless doors with me, I was elected in November and will take office in January. I’m scared to death, but very excited to get started. I am still serving as Primary President and dearly love the children and leaders I work with. Life will be crazy, but I am determined to keep my priorities straight!
Jerry has felt very blessed this year. He is still working in Driggs and is thankful to have a job. He loves having a house full of kids and grandkids and lives for when they come to visit. He loves finding time to sneak to the river to fish and loves weather warm enough to get out for Harley rides. He has been so supportive through elections and is such a loving man to all he comes in contact with. We were able to go with our wonderful Seattle friends to Yosemite on the Harley this year. After missing last year with them, we thoroughly enjoyed being with them again.
We are so thankful for rich blessings and for this wonderful season to remember and honor the Savior. We love each of you and are so thankful for our association with you. May you have a wonderful, love filled Holiday season and year.
Love, The Muir’s
She says it so well! 2010 brought us the greatest blessing in our lives, Londyn Pam Kartchner!

















4 comments:
Cody and Natalie, Londyn is SO GORGEOUS!! Those pictures are amazing!!! She looks like a porcelain doll.
You've made me cry (good tears!) between your mom's letter and the beautiful pictures of Londyn! What a year it has been for you guys, and through it all you've been so strong and such good examples to us. AND WHAT A CUTIE LONDYN IS! WE LOVE HER!!! We love you guys too :)
I was so inspired by your family motto of "With the help of the Savior, We can do hard things." That motto is exactly what I needed to read and we have decided to adopt it for our family this year. Your little girl is beautiful and it was so nice to see the update on your whole family. Take Care! -Amy
Darling, just darling!
Post a Comment