Full Time Pharmacist
+ Full Time Mom
=2 jobs for 1 person
Doesn't always add up!
But there are a few perks.
For one, my time off is always special. I am forced to make the most of the time with my family.
So 2 days off = WAY too much fun!
It all started at play group.
| We met our friends at Brush College Park to play. |
| Got 3 girls to look at the camera while spinning around- NICE! |
| Watching her Leapfrog movie. |
Home for Lunch and Naps
| Eating Mac n' Cheese |
| Somehow she got the big spoon. She eats all her broccoli first- good kid. |
Neskowin Beach
| Shovels and buckets are the coolest things ever. |
| Thank goodness Daddy could come this time! |
| Neskowin Beach is a favorite! Proposal Rock is beautiful. |
| Beach Bums |
| Londyn loves to run in the sand. |
| Cody thought he would adventure out to the island. The tide was coming in and well... |
| He got stuck out there for a little while! We both got a little worried! But he made it back safe. Look close at the pic before- the water is up about 6-7 ft. |
| Family pic. Bucket and all. The fog rolled in just as we were leaving, cool effect. |
The next day was more of the same, just less pics and Cody didn't get to join. We barely see each other but we squeeze in a little fun.
Londyn is doing great in preschool. She went through a major growth spurt and took a nap from 1-5:15pm one day. I finally had to wake her up! She is also eating VERY well so I am sure she is going to grow! All the kids at school love her and fight over who gets to sit by her on the way to school/field trips. I can't believe she is almost 18 months!
Cody is enjoying school and has made so many good contacts here in Salem. He has many lawyer friends already. Our entire bishopric are all attorneys. The bishop is also a big time BYU fan so they hit it off. Cody studies hard and enjoys being in school again. He leaves early every morning but gets to pick Londyn up from preschool 3 days/wk and loves time with her. He got called to teach Sunday School to the 16-17 yr olds again and they love him and he is good to make them goodies. He has been busy getting our hot tub clean and ready and unpacking and now hanging pictures for his wife :)
I can tell you the truth, since none of my co-workers can read this. I miss Costco! Target is a good company but the pharmacy is just different. I do like the techs but I don't really see eye-to-eye with the other Pharmacist. Luckily I usually work opposite him. I work 12 hour days and they are long and non-stop. I get 30 minutes for lunch but it passes too quickly. We don't have cashiers so I get to talk to a lot of people and it is fun to be able to recognize them and build relationships. I like helping people. I also give flu shots :) I have been filling in at Costco when I can and I feel like something will work out so I can work part time there, just a matter of time. I work every other weekend at Target so the greatest benefit would be having my Sundays back! I would love to be part time but I am also glad I can work and pay for Cody's school so we can reduce our total student loans. It is a sacrifice and some days I wonder if I can do it but it is a blessing to have such a good job so I won't complain. My days off are really great and my new friends here plan everything around my crazy schedule. It makes me feel good they include me :)
Life in Salem is good!
3 comments:
Ah!!! That pic of Cody stuck out on the rocks is so sad! Haha. What a fun day. Thanks for the pics and the updates. Sounds like there are a lot of neat people in Salem taking good care of you guys :) (And they're lucky to have you too!!)
What fun times you are having. I'm glad you are able to make the most of your time off. You and Cody need to feel good about what you are doing. Work, school and Londyn is such a beauty. Glad you like it there. And like Allison said, they are lucky to have you too.
Oh, I'm sorry you miss Costco. Now, your job sounds a lot like mine!! It does make you grateful for days off!! :) I knew you wouldn't have any trouble making friends!! You guys are such an amazing family!! Chad and I sure miss you!! :( Glad you guys are doing well!!
Post a Comment