Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Grass

Random video from our walk Sunday. In UT we never saw grass year round. Londyn loves grass. Everytime she sees it she does this little jump and roll.  Now you can see why we had to get rid of Buster.

Oh speaking of Buster.. I guess I should say a little something. Cody got rid of our dog. He gave him away to what we hope is a good home. Our yard seemed to get smaller the more busy we got and the poor dog never got out. After he broke Londyn's arm we had to be a lot more cautious. But I can't talk or think about how good of a dog he was without crying. He taught us so much about caring for something..eventually our child. I know some of you think that sounds ridiculous but even on our walk Sunday Cody told Londyn "drop it" when she stopped to pick up a random treasure on the sidewalk. There are many similarities in the phrases we use with Buster and Londyn. Kids and dogs have a lot in common. We loved Buster and had some great times with him. I couldn't be more grateful for that beautiful puppy that came into our lives 6 years ago. He was our marathon doggie, our hunting dog, he snowmobiled, 4-wheeled and jet skiied. He loved Cody's truck. He hiked mountains and swam in rivers, lakes, ponds. He was our first attempt caring for a creature that needed us to sustain life. I am glad to say we succeeded, not without trial. I remember calling my Mom crying after Buster was all tied up in a mud puddle all day, cold and miserable. And when he jumped out of the truck while still on a leash. Or when the kennel in the back of the truck tipped over when Cody turned.
He was loved by many, including Londyn who loved him so much we had a doggie first birthday. Our siblings were very involved and both my bro and sis now own labs due to Buster's greatness. Chad and Allison got him presents at Christmas. Kyle and Cody's Dad both played with and fed Buster multiple times when we traveled. My Mom let Buster into her home in the bitter Idaho cold. Buster has been loved by many. I think I needed a blog post as some sort of closure. I will never be happy that we let him go but I will always be grateful for the amazing memories, for the love, bonding and the entertainment Cody and I shared with him when we needed it most.



































I will always love you Buster. 
My Marley. 
My Marathon Doggie.
You will always accompany my greatest memories in life. 
And I still think you are cuter than some peoples kids...
And Cody loved you too.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh Nat, I am not an animal-person and this totally made me cry! I wish we lived closer and could have taken Buster, Elijah is asking all the time lately if we can have a dog. Buster is such a great dog, I would have loved him.

Allison said...

Buster :`( So many memories with him! It's amazing how these animals become such a part of our families. He knows you guys loved him, enough to decide he needed a different environment. A hard decision though!! Hope you're doing okay!

Allison said...

PS--And how can I leave a comment without saying THE SHOPPING CART! In the middle of the night in CO at Wal Mart! And on top of Timp! Just a few of the crazy places that dog was game to go! He's quite a trooper.

~Tara said...

Oh sad. I nearly cried Natalie.

Julie Sacks said...

WHAT!?!? I can not beleive you got rid of Buster!!!! And I did not know that he was the reason for Londyns arm! I think I would of gotten rid of him too. He was a big dog. That's really sad though! I'm sorry it came to that.

Total Pageviews