This was our first Christmas home! We started our own traditions and Christmas eve we swam and had dinner with Allison & Cody Cirac and fam. It was so fun. We were able to do a secret Santa and feel greatly blessed to have each other and all that we do have.
Although we missed our family we were blessed to be able to see and talk to them on FaceTime. I woke up early as always and make the traditional Monkey Bread, complete with white hot chocolate and a new find, a Cheese Egg Dish that was amazing and will be a part of our Christmas breakfast from now on!! I was the only one up so I called my parents and they were headed over to Steph's house. I got to watch the kids open their Christmas presents, and although I look awful it was fun to take some pics and enjoy the kids. I love watching Matthew rip his presents open. He gets SO excited!! It is my favorite.
Londyn and Cody finally got up and the kids were on the phone to tell her Santa came! She was very excited herself, but didn't feel great so it took her a minute to process all the presents. She saw her truck from the top of the stairs, and a bike! We started with her stocking and then made our way over to the...
 |
| PINK TRUCK!! This was the highlight of my Christmas. I couldn't wait to see her cruising around in it. |
 |
| Or to cruise with her... |
Minnie Mouse. Londyn asked Santa for a Minnie Mouse. Not really sure where she got the idea from but he stuffed one in her stocking!!
 |
| Kitchen. Londyn saw it and said "A kitchen" in a voice of unbelief- Cody had spent a few hrs putting it together and hearing her excitement choked back tears. It was so fun to see the magic of Christmas in our own child's eyes. |
After some encouragement she opened some presents. Everything she opened she wanted to play with-
A train for her train track..
 |
| A Merida princess dress... and the movie Brave (which we had to stop opening presents to watch :o) |
 |
| A "used" bike |
 |
| A fun unicorn getup from Cody's parents- hilarious to watch her run around in this. |
 |
| My parents wanted to watch L open a few gifts- it took all day but they got to see a little action. I don't think they knew I could take a pic :o) Londyn just opened a book called "Farts in the Wild" They also got her the adorable hello kitty outfit (with a skirt she LOVES)! |
 |
Can't get enough of the princesses!
We are grateful for all the gifts and toys. It was a blessing in disguise to stay home this year, Cody was able to go work and we were able to get some toys to make my maternity leave more bearable. Having had Londyn in daycare we only had a few toys and that was all we needed. Looking forward to hours of driving her truck and playing in the kitchen! |
 |
| She made out good! We finally have some toys!! Although they are all over it is fun to play games and see Londyn use her imagination. |
 |
| And practice driving her truck. |
2 comments:
That last shot is priceless :) So glad you had a good Christmas as your little family!! We missed you, though!!!!
WOW!!! She did make it out good! I think she got more toys than all my boys together, but then again, we already had a bunch of crap to start with :) Staying home is sometimes really nice. I know we totally enjoyed it this year!
Post a Comment