Monday, November 12, 2007

tagged on the blog

So I got tagged by Julie and that means I have to think of 6 interesting things people don’t know about me… So here goes.

1. I have webbed toes. Yep, toes #2 and #3 are stuck together!! It is a genetic birth defect passed down from my aunt Pam and my mom’s aunt Joyce. My mom was going to have it fixed when I was little, but thankfully didn’t. I was made fun of so bad in Jr. high that I would hardly ever wear sandals, but in high school I learned to appreciate it, thanks to a boy I dated who loved it. It is fun to show people and see their reactions and to see the Chinese ladies at the nail place figure out how to get that thing in between my toes!! Now I can’t wait to see if it gets passed on to any of my children!
2. I hate swallowing medicine, any meds, liquid, tab or cap. Hate it! Some Pharmacist huh! Cody has heard me gag on more than one occasion. Sometimes even on your everyday IBU tabs! Vitamins reek, they’re always huge and have a bad aftertaste. I would much rather eat healthy than take them. No worries- I get them down, but not without a struggle.
3. I have been in school for going on 21 years. I have only taken 2 summers off, when we got married and between BYU and Pharmacy school. I have also always had at least 1 job, often more, consistently since my 16th birthday, when having an official job was legal. All the work will hopefully pay off next year when I have a Doctorate and even though I have a life ahead full of learning, No more school!
4. I became an Aunt at age 14, not just any aunt, a favorite Aunt. My nephews and my niece have been such a big part of my life since Jr. high. In high school when everyone had to carry around those fake babies for the weekend, I had the real deal. I love it when they fight over who gets to sit by me at dinner, or when they want to be just like me and Cody no matter what we are doing. I love them like my own kids and love seeing them and spoiling them.
5. My older sister was so mean to me growing up. We didn’t ever get along until the day she moved out. Now we have a lot in common and we are the best of friends. Here are some of the things I endured as a child. One time her friend and her peed in my retainer case then poured water in my bed so I thought I wet the bed. I remember her burning my forehead with a curling iron more than once. She hid my flute under the couch cushions and my dad sat on it and broke it. We camped in the backyard once and she told me my parents moved and I had been asleep for years and that there were werewolves outside the tent so I couldn’t go outside to see for myself. We used to fight over clothes so much; we’d rip them, steal them, and throw them back and forth. So although I never had an older brother, my sister sure taught me how to defend myself.
6. I lived in every dorm at BYU; DT, Helaman Halls and Heritage halls, moving rooms in between to get away from some crazy girls, then in 3 different apts before me and Cody got married. Cody and I lived in 2 different apts before buying a home. So in my 4 years of attending BYU I lived in over 10 places. Each time I moved I would load my little Honda up to the max and move all my junk. This makes me appreciate our home more than ever!

That was kind of fun, so I am now tagging Tara C., Holly K. and Cody!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I didn't know that the toe thing was genetic--cool! You've done quite a lot in your 23 1/2 years of life.

Julie Sacks said...

I'm glad I tagged you! Although I did know about the toes! I feel the same about my neices and nephews, but I have you beat, I was an aunt at 9. I still get way too excited to see my nieces and nephews, they are so much fun! Have a great day! PS Justin got his dead body yesterday and he got to cut into the back, crazy!

Anonymous said...

This is great fun to read about you. Things I didn't really know. No wonder you are so special and we love you so much.

Total Pageviews