Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Welcome Home Elder Kartchner!

This weekend we went to Snowflake to welcome home Kyle from his mission. It is great to have him home again and we are looking forward to him coming to Utah to go to BYU.

On Monday Dad took us shooting. We shot up some beer bottles, an old computer monitor and some other random stuff. It was great fun!
One of the beer bottles wasn't empty and somehow Buster ended up getting a little smashed. Look who I caught on camera with a beer in his hand...
We found a little lake in the middle of the desert! That is our dog in the background, we can't keep him out of the water. The boys would skip rocks and he would chase after them, never getting to them before they sank, but never giving up!

Cody and Chad flew into Phoenix just before Kyle did so they could meet him at the gate. They took a tour of the control tower before they left SLC then made friends with the pilot of their plane to take a pic in the cockpit. They had a good time flying and spent a few days together with just "the boys" before Allison and I came on Friday.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Great trip! Thanks for a fun and adventurous drive down. Hope you get feeling better soon. I'm glad you posted the pictoral evidence of Buster's enabler ;)

Holly said...

Looks like you all had fun especially Buster! He must be related to Booze. :) We sure missed you all.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Hey Cody, it's been a long time. Congrats to Kyle on his mission. And tell Coach to lay off the bottle. :) It's good to see that you're doing well. Take care.

~Tara said...

I'm glad you were able to go to Snowflake and have an enjoyable weekend!! It still doesn't seem real to me that we only have TWO more tests left!! Yippeee!!;)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It was so fun to have you all home again. Thanks for coming and helping Kyle adjust a little easier. He's bored now and needs to move on. We'll ship him up to you soon I'm sure.

Julie Sacks said...

I can not believe that Kyle is home already! That flew by! How was it seeing him again?!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

It was fun to see the boys for the short moment we did! I'm bummed we didn't get to see the girls tho- hopefully next time!

Total Pageviews