Friday, March 13, 2009

My Awesome Rotation

Sooooo......... I think you have all heard me say I have the best rotation ever! It is my LAST ONE, but that is not it- I love my preceptor! Her name is Lola- She isn't a showgirl(like the song...)but she does love horses, specifically "baby" horses. Her friends and her all had pregnant mares this last winter and they all delivered in the last few weeks. She has told me all the details of helping the mares deliver the babies and she loves them! One day I was supposed to stay at the hospital until 6-7pm and in the afternoon she asked if I wanted to go with her to see the horses and we LEFT. They are pretty awesome- the little colt named "Eye Candy" was only 6 days old and just learning to walk. It reminded me of Bambi. The pics are via my cell phone so they are alittle blurry. Anyways, she is awesome- she bought me lunch today. She isn't worried about my hours, which is great...:o) I like the hospital and I have a job to do and I do it and it is fun. I have done a lot here, I write orders for the docs, do rounds in the ICU, monitor drugs and kidney function; I saw a C-section this week, played in the nursery with newborns, shadowed a nurse, ate at a 5 star resturaunt free from a drug company, and tried to treat a very ill man who passed away(sad day- not my fault). It is a crazy fun rotation BUT only 2 weeks left and I can't wait to be done. Thanks for all the love and support for everyone who has put up with me the last 3 yrs! IT'S ALMOST OVER!

2 comments:

Rosanne Boyd said...

yay! for your last rotation, I am gald you like it. They horses are so cute!! miss you!

Allison said...

Almost there! You can do it!

We're excited to see you guys again this weekend :)

Total Pageviews