Friday, May 28, 2010

San Francisco

We continued our trip to California! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Muir Woods- I guess some of you don't know that my maiden name is Muir. I am distantly related to John Muir, the explorer. It was fun to finally get to this beautiful forest of gigantic redwood trees. Cody made me carsick on the windy road that takes you back to the forest.
Cody and Londyn by an old tree- from 800 AD
Makes you feel little to be next to these large trees :o)
The highlight of our trip was probably how interested Londyn was in all of it. She had her head back almost the whole time and was so captivated by the roof of the forest. It was so cute!
Cody made me do it. The sign says stay on the trail, but the trail ended.
Cute hubby and baby
Family pic in the Cathedral part of the forest. It was a very reverent place. We were amazed by the beauty and it made me miss my home in Washington with all the greenery and moss everywhere.
We saw a large bird and went to see what it was- A Northern Spotted Owl!! He was cool and let me take lots of pictures!
One day she will love the beach...but not this day.
The Golden Gate Bridge. It was terribly windy! Beautiful sight though. Northern Cali isn't quite as smoggy as Southern- It was clear and sunny despite the wind!
Little girl was ready for day #2- shopping! And Fishermans Warf.
Cody had to drive the famous switch-back Lombard street on the way to the mall. So steep but pretty neat to drive down!
There is nothing like getting a family photograph in front of a penitentiary.
Londyn went on her first swim, she really liked the water.
There is nothing like relaxing at the pool on a big floatie.
Now there are two ducks in the family. Cute little webbed toes.

6 comments:

Raquel said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest little swimming suit! She is so happy in the water and the tube, that is adorable!

Allison said...

Cute hat!!! Isn't San Fransisco such a fun place to visit?! Glad you guys had so much fun! Love that little suit she's in.

Julie Sacks said...

What a fun little vacation! Was it for any reason or just for fun? The trees look amazing and I'm so glad the moby came in so handy for you on the trip, it looks like Cody does the same thing as Justin, he wears in inside out to hide the cute fabric! I love Londyn's suit, the flower looks like it's just going to eat her right up!

~Tara said...

I TOTALLY agree with Allison--What a cute hat you have on!!! :) Sounds like a very fun trip!! I can't believe how big Londyn has gotten. She's so cute!!! :)

sarinah♥ said...

Makes me miss home! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Kathy said...

Great pictures. I love the one of Londyn in the tube. So relaxed! Fun trip.

Total Pageviews