Sunday, June 13, 2010

Zions National Park

We took a short trip to St. George with Cody's parents to go hiking in Zions. We took Londyn in a hiking pack and she gave Daddys shoulders a workout. We found some beautiful mountains and deep valleys. Some of the ledges were so steep there were chains to hold onto. Londyn was a trooper and liked her little seat. We want to go back and do more hiking this summer. Zions was closed but Cody and I are dying to do it if anyone is interested (we will leave Londyn home for that trip).
The first hike we went on was Emerald Pools. We saw the lower then went to the upper. The cliffs were amazing and the waterfalls would blow over the trails and get us- We were glad they did! It was SO HOT! Don't worry the baby was covered!
Upper Pools- Cool waterfall changed into a mist...
It's funny, I used to say I hated Utah. I think it is growing on me more and more. The more I get out and see all this amazing stuff, the more I love it here.
Some beautiful sites. So fun to be out and enjoy God's creations.
I read this quote from President Uchtdorf and thought of the amazing mountains and valleys we saw in Zions.  "Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience." It is amazing how much perspective you get looking out over a valley-
Our second hike lead us through a slot canyon to an arch..sounds pretty cool huh. Wait til you see the arch!!We made a friend...
A really good friend. He was so cute eating our crackers.
Mountain Men...
Slot Canyons. The pic on the right was awesome, one wall covered in green and the other dead and red. Cool Contrast!!
Kathy holding up the arch. We were tough "Mountain Women" and didn't quit 'til we made it to the arch.
We made it back to the shuttle bus. Londyn was stretching her legs out and trying to stand up. I couldn 't get enough of her cuteness.

Fun times! Fun to have little family vacations with our little one. We are glad we went before this week. :o)

4 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful pictures! We'd love to go with you guys some time to Zions...maybe Grandma and Papa will watch the girls? :)

Rod and Jess said...

We'd go with you in a heartbeat! Angel's Landing is our most favorite hike in the world! Or we could just keep your cute little angel for a few days - it's a toss up! :)

~Tara said...

That'd be SOOO fun to go with you guys, but I have STUPID work. I'm glad you guys are able to go on these vacations!!! You guys totally deserve it!! :)

Kathy said...

The pictures turned out great. They don't show the full beauty of the place though. It was a fun trip. Londyn was such a good sport. You know we would keep the girls for you to go with C&A!

Total Pageviews