Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Change is in the air...

Happy DAY!

After much prayer, I am overjoyed to tell everyone that Cody and I are switching back to our divine roles- Me as Mom (and PART TIME Pharmacist) and Cody as Dad and the provider for our family. We have had an interesting 6 mo trying to do it all backwards and while we are incredibly grateful that we were able to make it that way, we are both ready for a change. Cody is now working for a restoration company out of Las Vegas doing estimates and will be traveling some, and working from home some. I will be working 2 days a week and some Saturdays at Costco! That is perfect for me! Yay! Codys parents are so great to help us juggle Londyn in between our crazy schedules. We are glad they don't get sick of her.
Cody has been busy the last 6 mo preparing for Law School. He also has been able to be home with Londyn and she has loved every minute of it. He is a GREAT Dad and him and Londyn have a great bond. I have been working full time at Costco and sometimes at the hospital. I am very grateful for my education but not so grateful for my student loans :o) We have each learned a greater appreciation for each other and this has been a challenging but a unifying experience for us. My friends have commented on Codys change in attitude toward stay at home Moms and I have talked to men in my ward and empathized with them about how hard it is to work and be away from your family all day, then to have church, sports, friends outside of work when you just want to be home. We both feel this experience has strengthened us so much and we laugh about waiting 5 years to have a baby then having the whole world crash down upon us.  I guess you are never really ready :o)
We have had tremendous support from you all and we are so thankful for our friends and families. Hopefully it will allow us to spend more time with you!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I hope you don't mind that I'm usually the first to comment on your posts...you probably think I just sit at the computer and wait for you to post something new...(okay, so maybe Chad and I do a little ;-P) We think all three of you are wonderful, and you have never let what other people think stop you from doing what you know is best for your family. We love how you support each other 100 percent and we're excited to see what the next year brings for you guys! (And I'm excited to see what cute crafty things you come up with now that you will be home more to work on them!)

The Smith's said...

Hi! I am so excited for you to be able to stay home with Londyn more. She is getting so big and soooo adorable! I miss her (and you!)Hope you are doing good!

Julie Sacks said...

I'm so happy for yall! And I sometimes wish Justin could do the same thing just to see what it's like day after day of being with the boys. Not that he does not appreciate me, but I think it's good for any Dad to do that for a little! More than anything, I am so happy for you Natalie! Being at home with your kids is truly the greatest blessing! And being able to still have a break will I'm sure be a blessing (I miss those days sometimes!)

~Tara said...

That's exciting!! I'm sure you do miss seeing Londyn while you are at work. Now, it'll only be 2 days a week. We definitely need to get together more, now that you have more time!! Here's to a good change!! :)

Kristin said...

What an exciting change! I'm sure you two will adjust to your new roles well - you've probably both been looking forward to it!

Total Pageviews