Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hippie Chick/Mothers Day



I had the best weekend ever! Thanks to my sweet husband!

I ran a 1/4 marathon called 'The Hippie Chick' Sat am. They were such great supporters! Londyn ran across the finish line with me and loved the hippie necklaces and mister fans. Cody went to a lot of trouble to get us all there and taken care of. The weather was amazing!!
Pre-Race Jitters..

The definition of Hippie Chick!

 

Londyn is dang FAST!!

We won!!!

I was the Luckiest Hippie Chick

At the finish we got necklaces, Londyn's was a large peace sign. It went well with her little jogging outfit.

It was like running through sprinklers.

Pancake breakfast + free jamba juice

Officially 'Oregon Hippie Chicks'

We do anything to get a smile...


She wanted Daddy to throw her higher!

After the race we hung out in Portland. There is lots to see and do, especially on a sunny day. We walked the Eastbank Esplanade and visited the OMSI museum. We did a motion simulator ride and swam with the dolphins.

You can tour this submarine- the USS Blueback
Voodoo donuts are famous in Portland. They put a fun spin on eating a donut.  Seriously tho- that bacon maple bar is DANG GOOD! 

Cody told me for Mothers Day he got me some hanging baskets. I went outside to look and found a surprise! I want to do the Relief Society triathlon in August. Now I can! Londyn even made a cute picture in Nursery and I got a tomato plant from church! What a good day!

Even without the gifts, it was the best Mothers Day ever. Cody is always so good to me. He made breakfast and dinner and didn't make me do a thing. He says he has high expectations for Fathers Day tho.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Fun to see you doing some races. One day Londyn will be running with you and you will have a hard time keeping up with her. :) Sounds like a great Mother's Day.

Chad K said...

Mmmm... donuts!

If we got a bike trailer, I would have problems with Allison and Samantha fighting over who got to ride in it!

Total Pageviews