.jpg)
We went to the Lands and Records office and it turns out we passed some of my ancestors property while on the wagon ride. Then we went to the Seventy's Hall and I found my ancestor was one of the Seventy's back in the day. They had a big chapel there so we took a picture.
.jpg)
Saturday we went to another play put on by the performing missionaries. They are really good. We found Kyle a wife too, so that was fun.
This is our whole tour group- It was a fun bunch of people. They were mostly older but nice people.
.jpg)
Cody and I in front of the temple- What a beautiful temple that represents so much to our church and our heritage.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Being in Nauvoo you feel such a strong witness of the gospel all around you. The Spirit of Joseph resides in that place and it is holy ground. President Hinckley instructed everyone to walk down Parley street and the "Trail of Hope." We had the opportunity to go there a few times and look back at the temple. I can't imagine all the suffering and sacrifice, but I know it had to be so hard! I am thankful for such amazing people that sacrificed so much, for the prophet Joseph Smith, and for such an amazing church that we belong to.
4 comments:
Cool entries about Nauvoo. I haven't been back since I was like 10 years old. Great lesson today -- loved the hand-out!
Tara B.
I've got 4 square foot garden boxes, too!!! Haven't filled them all with the dirt mix yet -- have had bad luck with the rainy weather, but my peat moss and other "ingredients" are all ready and waiting. (We've been super busy on the basement trying to get it done so we can move Taylor to his new bedroom). I hope you can give me some pointers when I plant! I've heard nothing but good about them.
Tara B.
Thanks again for letting us in on your amazing trip! I'm so glad you guys were able to go!!
I can't wait to hear about your lesson! I know it was amazing and i'm sure your handout was so cute!!
Thanks for sharing pictures and some of your trip experiences with all of us your faithful fans ;) I look forward to going there someday. Pretty neat to be members of such a great church and heritage, huh?
Post a Comment