Doctors Deliver Baby In A Very Unusual Way To Save Lives Of Mom And Unborn Baby
This might be my only claim to fame as a pharmacy student. One of my patients at IMC that I rounded on with the Heart Failure team the last couple weeks was on the news tonight. We were watching and I started freaking out and told Cody this was the lady I had been telling him about. She really has an amazing story and she is lucky to be alive. My first day there they were discussing how to get the baby out of this lady without killing her-I think they changed their minds over 100x! But the next day she delivered a baby in the Cath Lab because of her failing heart. They put an investigational pump in her heart called an Impella. The miracle is actually that she survived the next couple days as they are the most risky to the mother. I helped to counsel her on her 5 prescriptions on Friday and spent about an hour with her and her husband so it was fun to see her on the news. It was a pretty amazing case- You won't see that at Costco!!!!
2 comments:
hey! I'm putting together a Calender for grandma for christmas, would you e-mail me some pictures of you and cody and any of anyone else in the family?!
Way to make a difference! Your work at Costco is important, but that's a more dramatic example of the good that you do :)
Post a Comment