We took the courses to get scuba certified at the begining of this year. The dive shop offered a weekend course on a boat in CA with advanced dive training for a really good price so we decided to go. The boat left out of San Diego and traveled to Catalina and San Clemente islands. We were on a 50 ft. dive boat for 4 nights in a tiny bunk. I got prescription sea sickness prevention patches and boy was I glad!! There was some bad weather but we did get a warm day Saturday. For our advanced training we did dives off the boat and learned deep, navigation and night diving skills. This is John our instructor and dive friend.

I love starfish.

Deep dive- we went as deep as 96ft.

Here's a shot of the boat from the water. We jumped off the side to enter the water. Cody is about to take the plunge.

Look close and you can see a bat ray. Pretty orange garibaldi- we got an underwater case for our camera and enjoyed the underwater photography.

Lobster- anyone hungry? Kinda spooky- check out the eel.
This was our Chef. The last night he put this BBQ out the side of the boat and grilled us up some tri-tips. The food was one of the best parts of the whole trip.
5 comments:
I have no words for this, you are Brave and Crazy, looks like you two had fun.
umm... yes,ME!! I want to always go. It's just too bad that I always can't go. Your pics are amazing. I just got done looking at the ones on your face book too. It just makes me sad that I was not there. Justin and I have already been looking at cruise info for when we graduate. Yall better come with us. Cruise of 2011, here we come! I can't wait till yall get here! Can you believe that we will be together again at the end of THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait!
So fun! We really want to get certified now. How do you have time to travel while you are in school?! We really do need to get together and I know we both keep saying that but it really should happen sometime. I am so happy you had such a great time!
I have been ANXIOUSLY waiting to hear all about Hawaii!! And, I think that is so neat you guys are SCUBA certified!! That trip sounded so fun!! Maybe someday we'll be certified, but I wouldn't hold your breath!! Hurry and post those Hawaii pictures and give me a call if you want!! I'm SO jealous you guys got to go!!! I miss ya!!
Fun! Love that orange fish, and the spooky picture of the eel :)Sorry I was too worn out to talk tonight--I had a 12-hour day and my throat was so sore from talking the whole time, and I know we're going to talk LOTS! Miss you guys and love you!
Post a Comment