Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hawaiian Style- Starting with OAHU

We finally got to take our trip to Hawaii- it felt like it was a long time coming! Both our parents and Cody's grandparents and Kyle came to celebrate with us. I was treated to several surprises as Cody went above and beyond to make this trip even more special. He ordered a party and a cake the first night we got there, a special dinner to celebrate our anniversary, flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and more. He is amazingly sweet and I loved spending almost 2 weeks in paradise with him! We said we would do this trip not long after I started school and as I would study and cram and work the last 2-1/2 years I would dream of being in Hawaii. It was everything I ever dreamed it would be.
We flew into Honolulu and stayed at the Marriott on Waikiki before the others joined us. The first night we celebrated an early anniversary at Ruth's Chris. Look at the hearts around the cake-it was perfect. We walked along the beach and watched the sun set into the ocean. It was clear and beautiful. The one thing I didn't expect was JET LAG! I am still suffering. That night we went to bed at 8 o'clock! But don't worry we were up by 4am the next day!




The first day there we planned to go scuba diving- we were really excited! It was very different than California. We dove at the YO-257 shipwreck. We went down 100 ft. and first saw a turtle, and not long after a SHARK!! And a pic of my good lookin' dive buddy~ Surrounded by tropical fish.




We weren't about to waste any time. We haven't ever been to Hawaii and we had to do all the touristy things. Next stop: Diamond Head! Beautiful view of Waikiki.



Pearl Harbor. Very cool to see this- Aircraft carriers and bombers- Cody was in heaven! The best part is to go see the USS Arizona beneath the water.

We rode a boat out the the Pearl Harbor Memorial. It felt very sombering to be there and hear of the tragedy.


Friday my parents came and we drove to Laie to the Polynesican Cultural Center. We stopped on the way at a Macadamia Nut farm. It was beautiful! We had lots of samples of different treats made from macadamia nuts. I remember my Mom always loved anything with macadamia nuts!

The Laie temple was closed and is closed for a year and a half! It was still cool just to be there.
PCC was awesome. One of our favorite parts of the trip. However, the weather couldn't have been worse! It downpoured!! Not just alittle rain- it came down for hours!


We finished the night off with the luau and the night show- they were great!

Saturday we boarded our cruise ship headed for our next destination- Maui!

5 comments:

~Tara said...

Oh Natalie!!! I'm so glad you got to go!! You guys totally deserve it and it really is paradise, huh?!! It sounds like you guys had a blast!!! I'm glad you went to Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor, and the Polynesian Cultural Center!! I told you that was the best!! Oh, let's go together soon!!! I miss you!!

~Tara said...

P.S. I love the picture of all of you swinging the Poi-Pois!! Great times!!! And I love all your cute clothes!! What a fun time!! And, Cody is so great to make it special for you!! We miss you guys!! Let's do something soon!

Julie Sacks said...

Wow, I feel like Ohio is going to be crappy compared to what you have already done. Your pictures are so pretty. I want to go back SSSSOOOO bad!!!

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

Isn't the view from diamond head AMAZING! Glad you had so much fun!

mostly Stacy said...

looks like so much fun. and your hair is getting so long!

Total Pageviews