Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Assignment #1

I finally signed up for a photography class after wanting to pursue my interest in photography for a long time- I figured what better time than now before baby girl comes to learn to take good pictures. Here is my first attempt- Click to enlarge. I played with the manual focus and got Cody in sharp focus while attempting to blur the truck in the background. First try- but I think it is a pretty good picture. Cody and Buster have made good subjects and Cody is a good sport (Buster can't seem to focus very long). Can't wait for the next class!

6 comments:

Holly said...

If you increase your depth of field, your blurry-ness will be even more blurry. Looks good! Amy J. and I have been talking about doing a little photography class with a few neighbors that have asked us questions. Would you be interested? Where are you taking a class now?

Charlotte said...

A photography class!?! Where?! haha I want in! I got a camera For Christmas and have just been going over the book. If you hear of any starting soon, let me know! I would love to do it!

Julie Sacks said...

I have been getting more into my camera and just feel totally overwhelmed with how much there is to learn about them. Great job with the blurred back ground! Someday I will learn how to use mine and we could go do photo shoots of our kids together!

~Tara said...

That's exciting Natalie!! Hey maybe in a few years when we have a kid, you can take the newborn pictures!! :)

Allison said...

Look at Cody, all proud in front of his truck :) Off to a good start! I'm excited to see more pictures as you experiment. Haha that makes me laugh about Buster--a cute subject, but perhaps not always the best one when you're trying out new techniques...

Amy Jones said...

Good job, Nat! My photography class was SO MUCH FUN! I hope you love it.

BTW, Amy D. and I decided we need to go out to lunch or something BEFORE you have the baby. Seriously. Let's work on that.

Total Pageviews