Warning: this post might make you cry! Londyn is such an amazing little girl. She is so beautiful I don't have words so I will just share some of the last pictures I took before her surgery. I was camera happy and I literally have over a thousand pictures of her. We were both having trouble letting go. Seriously, look at this little doll.
Daddy/Daughter smiles!
The morning of the surgery... so happy.
K so this is weird but Londyn always would push her lips out and stretch and it melted my heart, so you might think this is a funny pic but I HAD to have one before the surgery...
Here we go.. We are so thankful to have had Primary Childrens Hospital and their amazing doctors/surgeons so close. We had a good experience there with their staff/doctors.
They took us into a room to get Londyn changed into her hospital robes. They were huge. She couldn't eat and got a little upset but after they gave her some tylenol/atropine she calmed down and went to sleep. Cody and I both got to rock her and hold her close. The anesthesiologist came to get us and we got to walk part way then they took her away. It was brutal to say goodbye.
Over 2 hours later we were called to meet Londyn in recovery. She was upset so they had given her more drugs and she was out of it. We were relieved to have her back. The surgeon came and talked to us after and said it went well. Londyn soon woke up but wasn't too happy with what they had done to her.
The metal piece protects her mouth and nose from being hit and is called a Logan's Bow. She will wear this for 4 weeks. She has stents in her nose to keep the nostrils open but they get plugged and make it hard to breathe. Her nose/lips were so swollen and looked so painful. She was a trooper and ate right away. She gets less air and has better suction so she had to get used to it. Her arms have to be held or in restraints. SO SAD!
So for that day and the whole night we held her hands and stayed by her side.
We tried to spoil her all we could. Notice the cute bear- Thanks Costco Rx people!
She was tough, but totally miserable!
They took good care of her at the hospital. It was good to have her home but we were a little worried. It takes 2 people to keep her happy/restrained/cleaned/drugged. We have been busy but already we have had lots of help. Thanks to our 2 GREAT mothers for all their hours of help/care. And for the sweet people who text to check on us and our neighbors that brought us meals. We are so thankful!
Londyn- 2 days later. She looks sooo much better already! The swelling has gone down and her lip and nose look absolutely amazing!! She smiles again and we like that- like she forgives us for doing all this. :o)
Everyday she heals it will get better and better. I am glad this week is over. It is amazing how much our love has grown for this little girl. I am sure it won't stop here.
10 comments:
Oh bless her little heart! I can't believe how good her lip looks already! BEAUTIFUL little girl.
she is such a beautiful baby! Im so so glad to be invited! YOu guys all look so good. I'm happy that Londyns surgery went well. Can't wait to see you
Natalie, she looks amazing! Not that she didn't before, but they did a really great job! I think there is a reason we can't remember when we were a baby for reasons Ike this, we are praying for a speedy recovery!
She has got the strongest little spirit ever! What a sweetheart - and what a great mommy and daddy you are! They did do a great job! Here's hoping for the speediest recovery ever! Love you all!
Oh, that makes me feel so bad that she has to be restrained. She is such a TOUGH little girl!!! I'm glad the surgery went well!! Let me know if you need anything and hopefully we can get together soon!! I miss you! :) I hope she recovers quickly!!
What a sweet little girl. All three of you are so tough!! We love you guys and can't wait to see you again.
I love her little smile. It is the sweetest thing! I'm glad the surgery went well and that she is home and healing now. Keep us updated with photos.
What an angel!! I'm glad things are going well for you guys!!!
What a little sweetheart! I hope the recovery goes well and quick! She is still as cute as ever!! Miss you :)
SO glad that everything went okay!! She is absolutely precious! What a trooper! We love you guys!
Post a Comment