Saturday, March 12, 2011

Random Drug Testing

Had to look this up for an MD today. I thought you all might be interested to know...
After I posted this I was notified I need random drug tested. No worries.. I am clean!

Length of Time Drugs of Abuse Can Be Detected in Urine

Drug Time

Alcohol 7-12 h

Amphetamine 48 h

Methamphetamine 48 h

Barbiturate

Short-acting (eg, pentobarbital) 24 h

Long-acting (eg, phenobarbital) 3 wk

Benzodiazepine

Short-acting (eg, lorazepam) 3 d

Long-acting (eg, diazepam) 30 d

Cocaine metabolites 2-4 d

Marijuana

Single use 3 d

Moderate use (4 times/wk) 5-7 d

Daily use 10-15 d

Long-term heavy smoker >30 d

Opioids

Codeine 48 h

Heroin (morphine) 48 h

Hydromorphone 2-4 d

Methadone 3 d

Morphine 48-72 h

Oxycodone 2-4 d

Propoxyphene 6-48 h

Phencyclidine 8 d

But beware- we catch most of them using using a hair sample!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Holy cow! That's quite the list! And you got them with a hair sample in the end. Figures, after you did all that work!

Total Pageviews