Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cal Part I:Bonnies and the Beach


We left Utah knowing we would be traveling a bit before we got to move into our house. It has been crazy but very fun to be able to spend so much time with family. Most importantly, it has been fun to have some time off to spend together before we start our new life in Oregon.
My cousin Katie is having a baby boy soon (Wyaett) and I tried to make it to California in time for her baby shower. My Aunt Bonnie let us stay at their beautiful home for 2 nights to visit with them. I don't know how I didn't take a single picture- but I really didn't! We were too busy having fun I guess? We went to breakfast with Katie and Bree and got to see Katie's place. Then we played in Bonnie's awesome backyard with a pool and a fun garden. We all swam and had a great dinner. I miss having them close as they were the only family I had in Utah when I moved here and I have great memories of visiting them.

Cody's fam met up in Cal the same week at Big Bear Lake. Before heading up into the mountains we had to make a stop at the beach.
Newport Beach. You don't have to wear a hoodie here :)


My Aunt Bonnie was super good to us and let us borrow a beach tent, chairs, toys and best of all... boogie boards!  The waves were brutal and crashed right up on the beach. We got worked over pretty good. It felt like being stuck in a washing machine, fighting to keep your clothes on your body.

Londyn has walking on the beach mastered. Grandpa K was nice enough to walk up and down the beach with her.

She got much more brave after being at the beach so much. They walked up and back then the other way..

And this is how they came back!

We were so glad it worked out to meet Chad, Allison and Samantha at the beach! Cody's parents drove all the way down so we could all see each other and play in the water. It was so fun to get Londyn and her cousin Samantha together at last! Samantha cracked us up with her facial expressions as her jaw drops at the sight of anything cool. Our time was short but we made the most of it!

Beach Bums!

Playing in the water together!

Cody and I Boogie Boarding. It was fun to catch the waves but I enjoyed just relaxing. 

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oooooh I miss you guys!! I'm so glad we made it to the beach together :)

Julie Sacks said...

Ah dang, I wish that we could of joined in on the fun! So when do you move into your new house? I am dying to see pictures!!!

Kathy said...

Such fun memories. Glad we could all make it happen. Miss you guys.

Total Pageviews