After almost a week of confirmation I can say...
Londyn is potty trained!
I dared not speak too soon but this week Londyn has been to daycare in her big girl panties, slept nights in them and gone whole days without accidents.
Londyn has been using the potty for the last year. I noticed signs lately indicating she might be ready- she would wake up dry in the am, then go sit on the potty. She would go hours during the day staying dry. She would know when she was going potty hide, etc. I have read/heard horror stories so I was ready to accept the fact that it might not work but I would give it my best shot.
So I read and read online. I found great resources and decided the best way for Londyn was a Potty Boot Camp. I had 4 days off in a row. Cody was studying for finals so it was perfect. I made the preparations, we had stickers & charts, lots of juice/drinks/salty snacks (to make her drink & practice more), a potty dance, a potty baby (thanks Steve & Tasha), a potty watch, big girl panties (princess panties), a long shirt (she went without pants most of the weekend), another potty seat for downstairs, activities we could do in the kitchen/outside-just in case, carpet cleaner, a stool to wash hands, M&M's for every time she went and family on call so Londyn could call and share her news.
**Next time I would get puppy pads for nap time. I decided not to do pull ups at nap time or nighttime.
I didn't take any pics or do much else for 3 days. We got take out. We ate junk food. We got McDonald's. It was pretty great. but in the end, we came out alive.
She was very successful. She had a limited number of accidents. But it
is important that they happened so she understood why she needed to use
the potty. A key change I made was instead of asking if she needed to go potty telling her "It's time to go potty." But this week she has been better and will tell us if she needs to go or answer if we ask.
| Londyn LOVES Buzz and his gang. We used him to bribe her to use the potty. |
| Another Buzz chart. Pure Magic! |
| So Proud! 24 mo old and Potty trained! NO MORE DIAPERS! Perfect timing too, just ran out of a box and get to return a whole box to Costco! Yay Londyn!! |
Thanks to her Grandparents for being such great supporters. She loved to call and tell them how big she was. My favorite is when she tells Cody she went potty- she squats down to say it. Had to get a video- don't mind the bare bum... Cody was a great supporter and did the potty dance with us.
| Can't pass up posting this. Cody tried to teach her to pee outside on our hike. Nature Calls! |
3 comments:
Way to go Londyn!!!! (And parents for surviving the boot camp too! hehe)
That is one thing that I do love about my boys, they can pee out side with no problem :) Way to go Londyn!!! Potty training is always a huge test of patients for me, I hope it went smoothly for you!
WAY TO GO LONDYN!!!!! How exciting!!!
Post a Comment