Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shellburg Falls

The fam ventured out again this last week to hunt for another waterfall. Cody’s finals start Tuesday and he has been studying like crazy. Londyn and I enrolled in potty training boot camp- well, my own version of it. More to come on that subject. I will keep this post clean and bathroom talk free. I have enjoyed photography in Oregon. Everything is so green and pretty it looks great in photos.
The hike to Shellburg falls is in a town called Lyons, 25 miles East of Salem. We were blessed with a sunny day, which was great except Cody was late getting home from the library so our hike began about 6:15pm. Good thing it was short. We made it to the lower falls in 30 minutes or so. Londyn loved picking up rocks, passing cattle and all the water along the way. She was a trooper. We needed a good family night before the next 2 weeks.  Good luck Babe! We love you and know you will do great!
Read for an adventure! Why do hikes in OR always start on gravel roads?




What a sight!

Bonus- up close and personal with the cattle. Londyn said "hi cow" "bye cow" a million times.

Cody loved all the moss and told Londyn the trees had hair.

Trooper Londyn. Training her early to be a hiker.

The falls were so big I couldn't get them all in 1 pic.

Moss everywhere! Cody got a break from packing L and took the camera.

Upper Shellburg Falls
The lower falls. I risked my life for this pic. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Gorgeous! And thank you for putting your life at risk so we could enjoy that last shot ;)

Good luck with finals, Cody! We're so proud of you!

~Tara said...

Amazing!! What a great hike and way to spend some family time!! Good luck Cody!! You'll do great on your finals!! Natalie and I TOTALLY feel your pain!!! :)

Julie Sacks said...

It's official, I need to visit Oregon some day! There are just so many pretty things there!

Total Pageviews