
We had a great thanksgiving this year. Cody was home this week and that might be the best part. He surprised me with flowers again last week and I just can't keep up with all the nice things he does.
I had to work on Wed/Fri and we could only make a quick trip home but it was great. I usually don't care much for the selections of food at Thanksgiving but this year was exceptional! My parents had a beautiful setting and we had Chad and Allison, David, Grandma Hinckley and Uncle Edmond at thanksgiving with us. It was fun to spend the day with all of them! My Mom did a fantastic job and everyone contributed to the meal and helped clean up. It was perfect! I loved the food- That's right- even the turkey and potatoes they were "melt-in-your-mouth good." My Mother is a hard woman to live up to and my Grandma too as she makes some killer pies! She made Cody a coconut cream pie and a chocolate cream pie! As well as 4 other kinds of pie per special requests! I made little foam turkeys with the kids for table decorations! We all got to visit and watch a movie before we left- we did so much I can't believe it was all 1 day!
Another highlight was that Kristin (one of my best friends ever from HS) was in UT with Nate (her husband) and they had their beautiful baby who is already 4 months old with them and I hadn't met him yet! We crashed their family party on our way home. They are cute parents and it was so good to see them. We wish them the best in getting into a Masters program here in UT :-)
Work was actually really fun today and the day passed by quickly and painlessly! They give out recipe books the day after thanksgiving and they are great- I got an extra if you are interested!

Today I got offered a large amount of money as part of a scholarship/tuition reimbursement program to work for Costco for 1 year!!!! I had to apply by the end of October, they required an essay (thanks to Allison for editing) and letters of recommendation (thanks to Janell & Dr. Fannin) and lots of paperwork. I got it all in with lots of help and I have been waiting ever since to hear back. I really like the company and I am excited for my future career as a Costco Pharmacist!
5 comments:
hin04007@byui.edu, yeah, we will be heading down for Christmas. I'm hoping to leave the 13th, My dad just broke his arm pretty bad and I'm hoping I can help him out at work.. who knows?! How was ya'lls thanksgiving?
Way to go Natalie!! We are really happy for you. It must have been that essay...haha jk it's because you're so A-MA-ZING!!
Natalie! I've been thinking about you guys lately! I'm about to put Ellie to bed but I'm super excited to read your blog (I googled you guys and found it!)!
I am so happy for you Natalie! That is so exciting! And as for Cody coming to Detroit, that is awesome!!! When would he be out here again? I hope it's some time after the baby so y'all can come and meet the little guy. But honestly, I don't care when it is, just as long as you come!!!
Congrats! You are so cute! Looks like you've been having fun! Sorry I didn't catch up with you while I was in town, it was such a short unexpected trip! You guys just need to plan a trip to come down here!
Post a Comment