Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pooch on the Pond!

I realize this is a little overboard on the whole dog-loving craze I am on. So you can read it and laugh but unless you have had a good, loyal and fun dog (or any pet for that matter) you won't understand! Since some of you do understand though I will share a different sort of adventure we shared recently. The local hockey team, the Grizzlies, hosts the AKC kennel show every year and as a part of this event they invite the fans to bring their dogs to the game. That's right- We took Buster to a hockey game! But there were lots of other people with their dogs so it didn't seem so weird at the time... Anyways- If you have seen Marley and Me or if you know Buster you know that this was quite the adventure! The kid sitting next to us had popcorn which made trying to have Buster sit quite complicated! Luckily there was a lot of room in the special doggie section.




So halfway through the game the dog starts barking at nothing and we both think he needs to go.. Cody takes him out (kids are going to be easy after this..) and well he let Buster off the leash- turned around and the dog is gone! Cody runs around the corner and back in the building..doesn't see the dog anywhere...and goes back outside to take another look. The dog had bolted in the door and past the security guard, who followed him all the way down the concession corridor, and down through the stands all the way to the glass between him and the rink. Needless to say it was Busters last hockey game!

8 comments:

~Tara said...

Oh that's funny! I've never heard of that before! How crazy!! I'm sure Buster LOVED it!!

Jonie said...

I am still laughing. I love that you took Buster, how do you hear about such things.

Michelle said...

Thank you for the comment I am 101/2 weeks and i can not find out what we are having till 20 weeks but I will keep you posted.
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! After that Kids will be no problems.

Julie Sacks said...

I am so glad that yall are coming!!!! I really can not wait! We should totally do the Kirtland thing this time around!!!

Allison said...

You guys are too funny. I love how you were referring to Buster as "the dog" throughout the post :)

Kathy said...

You two - I mean three -- are crazy. Buster is one lucky dog to get to go to so many places and do so much. I noticed your countdown is under 100 days now. Yippee!! It won't be long!

Shelly said...

How fun! Your dog is so cute. He looks like he's your big baby:)

~Tara said...

Hey! No, I can't even believe we GRADUATE in less than 100 days!!! It's so exciting! I'm still so jealous that you get to go to Hawaii!! But you'll have so much fun and you guys deserve it!!! And yeah, we are still on for lunch on the 14th! I didn't ever receive the packet in the mail. I want to know where all our tuition really went too. It's so lame!

Total Pageviews