Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camping in Escalante & Hiking the Slot Canyons

For Memorial Day we went to Escalante to camp and hike. We had so much fun although we dodged thunderstorms and downpourings. We finally got to go to the slot canyons before we went home Monday before another storm hit. We also drove through Capitol Reef National Park and thought it was beautiful.


It was muddy and wet in places. We had fun going through the different obstacles together. Janell and her family were so fun!

On Saturday we hiked to Calf Creek Falls- It was the prettiest waterfall I have seen in Utah. The hike was green and pretty, especially down in a red rock canyon. It rained on us quite a bit but it was still so fun. See the hieroglyphics on the canyon wall. Then the pretty waterfall.
On Sunday we woke up and it was beautiful. We went to church and by the time we left it was pouring down rain. So instead of a hike we went on a drive. Only the dirt road was quite muddy. It made it exciting to say the least. Here is Cody doing the look- he is quite the stud muffin.
Cody's muddy truck Finally we hiked the slot canyons. They were amazing! We had so much fun with Janell and Mike and their family.


Us Hiking in "Spooky" Canyon
This is my favorite picture. We want to go back soon- It was so cool!

10 comments:

Amy said...

This place looks so awesome! You guys definately know how to have fun!

Allison said...

Awesome pics!! Glad you had fun!!

~Tara said...

Gosh! Those are cool pictures!! I want to go there someday! :)

Jonie said...

I need to take our family there they would love it, awesome pictures.

Rod and Jess said...

You guys are quite the adventurers! We tried to find a slot canyon to hike in Zion's but they had them all closed! That one is GORGEOUS! Definitely a place to visit this summer! We've also been told that Paige has some amazing slot canyons - maybe we'll have to drag you along when we go since you are such pros! :)

Julie Sacks said...

It really is so amazing how many things there are to do in Utah... it makes me miss it all the more! Where in Utah is this place?

Kristen K said...

I want to go back too! :( And we didn't even get into Spooky! Goodness, people really didn't know where they were going...

Amy Jones said...

You guys have way too much fun!! I love the pictures. Ian and I have been wanting to visit Escalante...we'll get there someday. :)

Kristin said...

That looks so cool! I would love to go see that stuff someday. We'll have to come for a visit and have you master-hikers show us how it's done.

Holly said...

Hey Guys!
I came into the kitchen to discover that Austin learned how to climb a bar stool, open the internet and find your blog- amazing! He had double clicked on one of your scenic camping pictures so my screen was full of a picture I had no clue how it got there. SO, I guess he says hi as well as the rest of us. :) You guys look great, glad you're having so much fun. And Kamm says you're hair looks good Nat! If you need a another vacation idea you're always welcome here!

Total Pageviews