Monday, May 4, 2009

Great Friends, Anniv Celebration and a Business Trip

I FINALLY got to go on a business trip with Cody and it was awesome! We went out early to play with our good friends Justin and Julie (and their 2 kids)!

We got to go to Kirtland, OH- (We are quite the church history fans after Sister Blacks religion classes and Nauvoo so we were really excited to do Kirtland). It was really pretty out there and the weather was perfect for our visit.

We ate very well on the whole trip as Julie is an amazing cook and Cody had business food money to spend. We went to Lonestar one night all together. We laughed so hard when their little boy Cohen munched on the lemon we gave him and made the cutest faces! They just had another baby, Jace, he is only 8 weeks old and very precious. They are busy but very happy!



Here is the John Johnson Farm- this is where Emma and Joseph were with the twins when Joseph was tarred and feathered and one of the babies died. I couldn't imagine.

This was a room used by Joseph Smith to translate. So cool to be there!
I have always wanted a picture in front of the Newel K. Whitney store-
What adorable boys! They are lucky to have such amazing parents! And they love their Aunt Nat! Cody had fun with them too and it was cute to see him hold Jace.
I also went to lunch with my first college roommate- Aubrey. It was so fun to get together with her and we had a lot to catch up on! We shared so many fun and hard times through the years we lived together and it was so fun to remember those early BYU memories I had forgotten. Love ya Aubs!

We also celebrated our anniversary in Detroit. I forgot our wedding video at home (tradition to watch it every year-sad) so I had to make the movie in the last post for Cody. We went to a mongolian grill resturaunt for lunch/dinner then to the Ford Factory where we saw them build F150's on their assembly line. It was really fun to see the process.


SO cool to see all the old cars!

Cody is a truck-kinda-of -guy. Looking good Babe!

No pictures allowed- but I stole 1 shot just to show you guys! This was just the moonroof installation station. The truck was taken apart and the doors, cab, and box were individually assembled. They build 1,000 trucks in a 10 hr shift. I was glad we could be there when they were working.

Thanks Justin, Julie, Cohen and Jace- We love you guys!

8 comments:

mostly Stacy said...

You are just a traveling fool! You look so great with your hair that color.

Allison said...

Fun trip!! Glad you guys got to do so much!!

Littleshortstacks said...

You guys are always doing the most fun things! I'm excited for your adventures to come to Seattle!

P.S. Natalie, I pick you...first!

Raquel said...

Hey Ohio, huh? Your friend Aubrey is in my ward! Such a small world!

~Tara said...

Oh my gosh!! Is there a place you haven't been this month?!!! And, I can't believe Aubrey is in Raquel's ward!! That's crazy! I miss ya!

We are Jared, Amy and Spencer. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica Edwards said...

I was thinking the same things. I think we were in Hawaii at the same time! The next two weekends we are kinda busy (weddings, damily things, ect) but we may be able to do something at the end of the month. Does that work for you?

Julie Sacks said...

Awe, you are so sweet Natalie. We sure did have fun having you here! But just think, we will be in Utah just next month! I hope the time fly's!

Total Pageviews