Sunday, June 28, 2009

Seattle Rock n' Roll Marathon- FINISHERS!

One of my life goals, New Years resolutions and crazy ideas was to run a marathon. Well I really out did myself! Somehow I wound up on a LONG hill on the HOTTEST day in Seattle, miserable, with 9 miles to go! It hurt. Bad. But I made it because of my rock solid runner husband who wouldn't let me quit! We RAN 26.2 MILES in the Seattle Rock n' Roll Marathon and I am proud to say we finished. It was a fun race and we loved running around Seattle and seeing the sights.
We got to run part of the race with my best friend from High School Kristin Morgan. It was fun to visit with them and many other people in Washington that we love. WIth all the pre-race excitment we barely had time to celebrate my 25th birthday but luckily my good friends and family didn't forget me. Kristin and Nate got me a turtle pie and it's my favorite!
Cody took me to Chang's on my birthday to celebrate and to carb load. It is my favorite place to eat in Washington.

Race Day: Early morning picture!

We rode the busses to Tukwila and ran back to Seattle along Lake Washington and the Puget Sound. It was so pretty! There were also rock bands every mile which made it fun!

Finishers!!! YAY! It's OVER!! I am not running for weeks!

8 comments:

Jonie said...

You two are amazing, I am proud of you for accomplishing yet another huge goal.

Amy said...

Way to go you two and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Natalie!

Kristen K said...

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats on finishing the run and happy birthday to Natalie!! :)

~Tara said...

WOW!!! I can't believe you guys can run that MUCH!!! Congrats on finishing!! It does sound like a fun race with bands along the way!!! I don't know if you got my text, but if you didn't I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like you had a great day and Cody never disappoints!! Let's get together soon! I miss ya!

Allison said...

CONGRATS!!! You guys ROCK!!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend :)

Kristin said...

So proud of you Nat! Thanks for coming to visit, we had such a great time!

Annisons said...

CONGRATULATIONS NAT!!!! I'm so proud of you. We seriously have to do one together some day. Were you happy with your time? Isn't it amazing to think you have run a marathon?!!! Way to go!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Happy Birthday! You guys are Awesome! So fun to be able to run a marathon with your Hubby. Great job!

Total Pageviews