Sunday, November 13, 2011

Londyn's first Trick or Treat!

 Londyn got her first taste of the true meaning of Halloween. Candy! I (Cody), yeah its me again doing the blogging, got to take Londyn out on the town, or at least the neighborhood, actually she only made it to about 9 houses, short legs get tired very fast. Anyway, I got to show Londyn the finer points of trick-or-treating. She was a little apprehensive at first, but once she realized she was getting more and more candy at every house we went to she became pretty brave, even at the houses with the scary ghosts and skeletons and eerie noises.
 I even taught her to do the knocking. She wanted that candy bad and would knock hard for it.
 At about 5pm it was raining really hard and I told Londyn she would have to wear her rain boots to trick-or-treat in, welcome to Oregon I guess. It luckily stopped at 6pm but she still wanted so bad to wear the rain boots. She wouldn't let me carry the bucket for fear I would eat her candy. She knows me too well.
 She was so cute in her Little Nemo costume. Everyone gave her a little extra candy for the cuteness. At least I think so, but maybe I am partial.
 When we made it home Londyn was so proud of her treasures. She dumped them out on the floor and showed me her favorites. The suckers of course.
She did very well for her first time trick-or-treating, a father can only be so proud. (sniffle).
 Someone even gave her an apple! The nerve.

Well we had a very successful evening. Halloween is so much more fun again, for me, because I remember the excitement of it by seeing Londyn's. Happy Halloween.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I don't know who is cuter, Londyn or Cody :)

Kim Hinckley-Muir said...

I agree with Allison. Cody is an awesome father. That is the cutest Nemo with blue eyes I have ever seen. What a sweetie! Can't wait to see you all next week.

Holly said...

Go Cody! Way to show your brothers how it's done (that's right boys, take a turn on the blog- we'd all love it)!

Love the side shot so we can see the whole lil fishy, cute as ever!!!

~Tara said...

What an AMAZING dad you are Cody!! Sounds like you both had a great time!! She looks SUPER cute in her costume! The cutest fish I have ever seen!!!

Chad K said...

Londyn's middle name could be "Halloween" like Garfield! I had a good time teaching Samantha about Trick or Treating too, it was a lot of fun. Allison didn't join us though, she was waiting for the Great Pumpkin in the Enterprise Pumpkin Patch of Sincerity with Linus.

Total Pageviews