We started in Kansas City, MO and traveled to Independence, Liberty Jail, Adam-Ondi-Ahman and some other small towns along the way. This is the RLDS or Community of Christ temple! It is shaped like a sea shell to represent peace. They give women the priesthood, marry for time not eternity and their temple is open to all!

We then had an awesome missionary at the visitors center tell us all about Liberty Jail. Joseph got some amazing revelations here found in D&C Section 121-123. There was also a beautiful pic painted by Liz Lemon Swindle of Joseph praying that really touched me. It is amazing what he endured!

Adam-Ondi-Ahman means the place where Adam dwelt. They found a 3 tiered altar on Spring Hill here believed to be built by Adam himself! This is us and our Fearless leader Sister Black!

The Spirit is Strong in this place and well, the Church is true!
5 comments:
Glad you're getting a vacation you hard workers! Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the fun. Safe travels.
What an amazing trip you are on with your Honey. I have never been to Nauvoo. I would love to see more of your pictures.
I started my blog! It is about time right
So glad you're enjoying your trip - what a neat experience. Can't wait to hear more about it when you get back.
So cool! Love that Sister Black!:) Glad you guys had fun--we miss you!
Sounds like a great time!! I miss you so much already!! Give me a call sometime so I can hear more about your trip and maybe we could all do something!! I'm so glad you got to go!!! I'm jealous!
Post a Comment