Sunday, June 7, 2009

It’s Official: Dr. Natalie Kartchner PharmD

So this is my first time blogging, but Natalie definitely deserves some recognition and she has a husband that is so very proud.


In the few five years that I have known Natalie, I have seen her graduate 3 times – Pharmacy Technician School, BYU, and Pharmacy School. She says this will be the last. I sure hope so because I can’t take much more of it. It was a long road even for me, trying my hardest to support her - late nights studying and quizzing her on drug names I could not pronounce, PB&J sandwiches every morning made with love, having a shoulder to cry on, and a party everytime she passed a test. But all in all, she did this on her own; no one else could have done any of it for her, she took this long, hard road and perserveared, and came out with her head held high. It did come with a hefty price though, all the late nights of study, the early mornings of cramming before a test, working many hours for free, working many hours at Costco, the anxiety, the trials, the determination, but now only the joy. The last three years were tough for both of us, but especially for Natalie, but we have no regrets and would not have it any other way. Natalie is my inspiration, my best friend, my love, and now my Doctor. Natalie always knows what she wants. She has big dreams and she follows those dreams, allowing nothing to stop her. I am always amazed at the plans she has and the things she gets done in one day. There is not a day that goes by that I do not feel that I am the luckiest man alive to have convinced her to marry me. Each day of my life is actually filled with life and adventure because of Natalie.



Saturday morning Natalie walked with her graduating class and recieved her diploma and her doctoral hood.



Natalie and her best friend Tara.


The Processional. She is so cute.


Steven R. Covey was the keynote speaker and gave some fantastic advice.

Some of Natalie's fans.

The Doctural Hood...Oooo Aaaahhh.

Natalie's BIGGEST fan.
Natalie was sure glad her aspiring little brother could be there.
Natalie's very proud parents and fans.
The Fan Club was all decked out and cheered the loudest.

Natalie's Mom and Grandma. Everybody was all smiles.
So everybody at home would know, Natalie's BIGGEST fan put up this sign.

14 comments:

Allison said...

Awesome post, Cody!! What a neat tribute to Natalie and the past three years of HARD WORK. We're so glad we could be there to celebrate graduation and to PAR-TAY! ;) We love you guys!!!

Kathy said...

You did a good job posting Cody. Who would guess it was your first. You have an awesome wife. We are glad you talked her into marrying you too. You are good for each other. We are proud of you and Natalie. It's been a long, hard road for both of you and you did it together. You should be proud. We love you.

~Tara said...

Hey Dr. Kartchner!!!!! Cody, that was an amazing post!! I almost got tears in my eyes!! You guys are the cutest couple and I love how much you support each other!! I too feel so lucky to be able to have such a great friend as you, Natalie!! I couldn't imagine going through these 3 years without you!! I can't believe we did it!! Yeah!!! Let's celebrate soon!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Natalie, we're all very proud of you!

Cody, good job blogging!

Julie Sacks said...

Cody, you brought me to tears! We wish we could have been there to cheer you on Natalie! We are so happy for you. Only 2 more years and we can claim the DR. title as well! We will have to get you a turtle pie when we come to Utah in less than 2 WEEKS!!!!! Congrats Natalie, we are so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! We love yall and miss yall trillions!

M said...

I am so proud of you, Natalie! And seriously, your husband is adorable. This blog post made me cry. Congratulations!

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

Awesome! Congrats Natalie! i'm sure you're glad its finally over!

Kelsey Danielle said...

seriously.... CONGRATS!! You go girl!!

Benj and Vero said...

CONGRATULATIONS NATALIE!!!!! Such a cute post Cody. I am sure Natalie loves it. We want to see you guys but we don't have your phone number :). We tried to call during the weekend but we found out we still have Cody's old number. Call us.

mostly Stacy said...

That is an intense graduation Robe! Is it stupid that I'm totally proud of you? Your the best client in the world. Maybe you can fill my hot flash prescription for me when I'm an old lady.

Kristen K said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried reading this blog post. Amazing job, Cody. :) And Congrats to Natalie!! All the work paid off! :)

Christy said...

Congrats! You've wanted this since the first day I met you in the dorms!

Jayna said...

Congratulations Natalie, it's gotta feel great to finally be done!

Natalie said...

Just for the record- You made me cry too. I am the luckiest girl alive to have you as a husband. All our sacrifice the last 4 years will soon pay off babe! Thanks for your never ending support and hard work to support us through all the trials. I love you!!!

Total Pageviews