I proposed the idea to my Mom and Sister to do a girls trip to NYC/Niagara Falls. I have been dying to go there after hearing from friends/seeing pics. Cody has been and wasn't crazy to go back. I thought it would be great to go with my Mom and Steph and take them to NYC. I thought it was a long shot! I nervously asked them, expecting to be shot down, but the idea stuck and even though I am still shocked I now have hundreds of pictures from a great week spent with my Mom and Sister. We not only made it to NYC and Niagara, but also hit Washington DC and Palmyra. We learned more about our country and our religion, as well as what is going on in the world around us (a man in a silver dress comes to mind :o)
I planned to meet them in the SLC airport and we flew together into Reagan National Airport.
My Mom spoiled me and brought me a Kneader's sandwich when we met in the airport. What a great way to start a trip!!! Thanks again Mom, I can still taste it if I try hard enough.
 |
| Washington DC |
 |
| My Mom and sister didn't want to go all the way to the East coast and not see DC, so we made it a three part trip. I have been there before but I got to see a lot that I didn't see the first time. My Mom arranged our White House Tour. |
 The Jefferson Memorial, view from the White House. I love DC. It is amazing to visit and think of all the great men who founded this country.
 |
| My friend Carly lived in DC and said to go to the Old Post Office. The view was great, and there was a ton of food and gift shops inside you would never know were there. Wish I would have gone there last time. |
 |
| You could see everything. The Washington monument and the Lincoln are in the background. |
 |
| The Old Post Office |

Archives Building. We only spent 1 full day in DC so we had to make the most of it! My sister was excited to see the Declaration. We wanted National Treasure on the way out there.
Next stop-- Library of Congress and the Capitol. DC is a great place to go if you are up for a lot of walking and history!
We took a short tour of the capitol. Had to see the rotunda.
All toured out!
We took a Night Monument Tour to make sure we saw all the highlights before leaving the city. It was so beautiful to see them all lit up at night. It really made you feel proud to be an American. We were lucky to have great weather and a great night for our bus ride!
Arlington and Iwo Jima
Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials
No comments:
Post a Comment