 |
Words can't express the feelings of this day. What a great end to our travels. I am so grateful I finally made it to Palmyra! Thanks Mom and Steph for a great week. I feel so lucky we were able to do so much! |
Although this is a no name town for most people it is the destination I have been looking forward to for a long long time! I have been to Nauvoo, Kirkland, Carthage Jail, Indepenence, Liberty Jail and Adam-Ondi-Ahman but I had yet to visit the sacred grove. We started out the day at the temple. Then went to the Smith Log home then the Frame Home.
 |
| Outside the Log Home |
 |
| The bedroom where Joseph saw Angel Moroni |
 |
| The fireplace he leaned up against to tell his Mother about the vision |
 |
| Frame Home |
 |
| I was able to sit in the Sacred Grove and read the account of Joseph Smith. What a powerful testimony he shared with all of us. I could feel the truth of it with every step I took. The knowledge I have received witness to over the years was again reaffirmed by my experience here. |
 |
| View of the temple from the Sacred Grove |

I love this quote from Lucy mack Smith- Amazing
 |
| Beauty all around |
 |
| The Book of Mormon Printing Press |
 |
| Tours from Sister Missionaries- this one was my favorite! |
 |
| Our Nissan Rental Car- got us to Niagara, Palmyra and back to NYC |
 |
| Hill Cumorah Visitors Center |
 |
| Hill Cumorah |
 |
| Such a feeling of peace in this hill and the whole area. |
 |
Last stop- the Whitmer Farm. On April 6, 1830, in a small log home belonging to Peter Whitmer Sr., the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr. and five other men formally organized The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The first and second general conferences of the Church were also held here. It was in this home that Joseph Smith Jr. and Oliver Cowdery completed the translation of the Book of Mormon. |
After this trip we all felt a little more thankful for our families, our country and our religion. I am so blessed with a Mom and Sister who would let me drag them literally all over the east coast and I love them so much! I will never forget the experiences we had here in Palmyra, the birthday spent in Niagara and DC and NYC in a nutshell.
1 comment:
I've been there!!! So fun to see it again!
Post a Comment